Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I Love Me Some Trashy Diva

Trashy Diva is a brand that I discovered a few years ago and I love them!  They are retro inspired designs and their dresses are so fun and you don't have to be a Rockabilly to wear them.

The brand started in the 90s and at that time they were selling vintage finds (thus the "Trashy" in their name).  As time went on though, the brand broke away from that and began producing original designs.  One of the things that I love about Trashy Diva is that their dresses are all made of quality fabrics, ie. silks, rayons, etc.  and they are pretty reasonably priced for being boutique type clothing.  Most dresses costing in the low hundreds, or on sale for as low as about $40.

Their site offers clothing, undergarments, handbags, shoes, jewelry, etc.  But it is definitely the dresses that I look for when I visit.

Check out their dresses and you'll see why:

Trashy Diva Orlando Mini Dress.  Cotton Voile.  $159

Also available in a more dressy/sexy version.  Rayon/Acetate.  $163

I love their Courtney Coat Dress.  I've tried one on before and should've bought it then but didn't.  Very fun and flattering.  Cotton blend Satin.  $181

If you love Mad Men, you will love this dress.  I know that I do!  I love the peacock feather details.  Katherine Dress.  Heavy Weight Rayon.  $172


This Streetcar Dress is so cute in plaid and with the neck bow.  Light-Weight Cotton.  $165

***This dress is making me slightly crazy because it very strongly reminds me of a female fashion designer from the 1950s whose designs were inspired off of menswear.  She used mens shirting fabrics for dresses and rompers.  For the life of me I can't remember her name.  I've been "Googling" for half an hour and am not any closer to figuring out her name.  She was fantastic so I wish I could share more about her but I can't remember enough right now to share.  Anyone have a clue about who I'm thinking of?  I'll have to do some research and share about her at a later date.***

This is the last one I'll share today.  I think this dress is sexy and classic all at the same time.  Honey Dress.  Lightweight Cotton Stretch Poplin.  $108

Anyway, if you love vintage, or at least vintage inspired, you should check out Trashy Diva (www.TrashyDiva.com).  Their clothes are a modern take on 1940-60s fashion and the result is timeless, affordable, clothing.  I am a fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment