Thursday, May 23, 2013

Alloy Contest and A Little Bit About Boys Tees

When I started this I didn't plan to be sharing so many sales and promotions but that has turned out to be a fun direction.  I'll try not to do it so much in the future but I probably will still share them with you so you don't miss out on the good deals and sales that I hear about.

I have a quick one today.  Alloy (I've shared about them before - I love to get my Vigold jeans from them and I ordered a few things from there last week that I shared pictures of my order) has a Facebook contest going right now to win a $1000 gift card with them.  You just have to "like" their page and enter the entry form.  Super simple right?  They do this promotion a couple times a year.  I always enter and haven't ever won but I would sure love to.  If I don't win, I want one of my friends to win :) If you enter through me via the link I'll post below, I get an additional entry too.  Enter and share with your friends.  Let's one of us win :)
http://bit.ly/12ygDCq <--- Enter from this link to give me credit too :)

Now, on to the boys....

I am not a fan of printed T-shirts for girls as a general rule.... or really the standard T for girls at all.  I think a slightly more dressy T is much more flattering for women.  Even just a T with a V-neck is so much better than the standard T.  That being said, I love T's on guys.  Especially soft, fitted ones.

One of my favorite places to buy T's for the man in my life is Threadless (www.Threadless.com).  It's a website where people submit original designs and artwork and members of the site vote on them and if they get enough votes, they become shirts and you can buy them.  I've bought several for my husband from Threadless and am happy every time the shirts arrive.  Depending on the design, it can be bought in T, tank, long sleeve, sweatshirt, mens & womens, and sometimes babies and childrens sizes.  But as I said already, I think they are best for men (babies ones would actually probably be really cute too).  Right now, Threadless has all their T's on sale for $15.  They also have an awesome clearance selection as well so you can usually find awesome shirts for less on clearance.

Some of the designs I'm loving right now are:



"The City That Never Sleeps" Designed by Dina Prasetyawan



"World of Bike" Designed by Matt Hoch



"Which Door?" Designed by Patrick Seymour - They did a contest for Monsters, Inc. themed shirts to go with the movie when it came out.  This is probably my favorite from those.



"Blow Away Barcode" Designed by Kevin Keeton

I could list dozens of shirts from their site that I like.  They are great shirts and I love seeing my husband in them.  I feel like they are good quality too.  They've been holding up really well.

Other places to get good mens T's:



Old Navy has fun prints and I also love their soft wash, V-neck T's.  They are soft and a V is always flattering for men, especially muscular ones, such as my husband.  www.OldNavy.com The one above is "Men's Boombox Graphic Tee" on sale for $6.99.



Banana Republic.  I've gotten a bunch of shirts from there for the hubs over the years.  The occasionally have fun prints but it's their soft wash and vintage T's that sold me on their shirts.  www.BananaRepublic.com The shirt above is "Vintage V-Neck Tee" and comes in a variety of colors.  Priced at $29.50.



Forever 21.  Believe it or not.  I have a love/hate relationship with Forever 21.  Their clothes aren't the best quality and it's definitely hit or miss with finding something you like but I have gotten some of my favorite pieces of my wardrobe from Forever 21 over the years.  And they always have fun T's for men.  We've gotten several from there as well.  The shirt above is "Abstract Graphic Tee" priced at $14.80. www.Forever21.com

No comments:

Post a Comment