Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day & Bow Ties

So, it's Fathers Day.  If you are like me, you have a hard time figuring out what to get the dad that has everything.  I was racking my brain for weeks trying to figure out what to get, and what I could afford to get my dad.  Luckily, about a week before, my mom gave me the great idea to make my dad bow ties.  This seemed very manageable.

So, I pulled out my vintage Bernina (that I got at the DI for $15, complete with sewing table - not pictured).
Went to the fabric store and got WAY more fabric than I had intended but I was thrilled with all the fun prints they had in and couldn't decide.  This is after narrowing down the selection significantly.


And I went to town cutting, sewing, flipping, pressing, etc.
Almost done!  Pinning and pressing and hand sewing the flip hole shut.
Two of the finished products!

I was hoping to tie them up so they would be cute bows when I gave them to him but I apparently can't figure out how to tie a bow tie!  Luckily for me, there are sites such as the Social Primer (www.SocialPrimer.com - It's an interesting site, men especially should check it out.  It's like the guys version of Miss Manners)  that can educate people like me on how to tie a bow tie:


Now for some pictures of men in bow ties :)

Chuck from Gossip Girl.

Jay-Z.

Will Smith

Brad Pitt.

See, you just can't go wrong with a bow tie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment