Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Talk About Timing!

It was totally a fluke that I posted about Betsey Johnson last week.  Yes, she has her new show so that was relevant.  But man, her publicist must be working overtime.

Betsey was a host on this years Miss USA pageant that aired on Sunday.  I am not a big fan of beauty pageants with their big hair, sequins, and suspicious lack of brain cells (I know, that was mean and a major stereotype but have you heard these girls answer some of the questions they are asked?  Wow!).  But, I of course had to check out at least part of it to see the gown, see Betsey, and really that's pretty much it.

There were a lot of really stunning dresses this year.  And I was surprised by how short cocktail dresses were in trend this year rather than just the traditional ball gowns (at least when you are originally introduced to the girls).

I didn't watch the whole show but my favorite dress of the night that I did see was the dress Miss Texas wore at the beginning of the show:


This is the best picture I can find of it and it doesn't show off the whole thing.  I'm very disappointed that I couldn't find something better.  It was gorgeous.

I had to stop watching after the swimwear competition.  I just wanted to feed the girls crackers.  I'm pretty lean myself but a lot of those girls are way too thin.  Not hot.

If you want to watch the show yourself, you can check it out below:
<iframe src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=n38055" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

But back to Betsey....  I was checking out Groupon Goods last night and look what I found:



I considered buying it just because I love how punk rock the bottle is, but I don't wear perfume and I'm broke right now so I don't need to be spending money on things I won't use.

What else can I tell you about today....?

Piperlime is having their twice yearly sale.  That is worth checking out for sure!  www.PiperLime.com

love it. covet. shop it. LIME TAG SALE TWICE YEARLY UP TO 50% off

No comments:

Post a Comment