Sunday, July 27, 2014

Turquoise Lady

Lucky me got to attend 2 weddings this week.  It is always fun to see what the bride chooses for her dress.

On Thursday, my cousin Shanae got married and her gown was beautiful.  It was very elegant and had a vintage flair to it.  I of course, was not in blogger mindset and didn't take pictures of her beautiful gown, or of her well dressed guests (including myself - got to toot my own horn every now and then since I don't have many occasions to dress up these days).

On Saturday my moms cousins grand niece got married (we had a debate at the wedding about what that makes her relationship to me and my sister, but were inconclusive).  She had a small ceremony and reception and once again things were beautiful.  Something that she did that I hadn't encountered before was, she had a color dress code for her guests and during the reception they took extended family photos with the bride and groom.  That was a clever idea.  However, her color request was turquoise and I didn't feel like I had anything wedding appropriate that was turquoise so I decided to make my dress for the occasion.  My inspiration was Trashy Diva.  I do so love Trashy Diva but can't bring myself to afford they beautiful dresses, so it seemed like a good occasion to make a knock off.

This is what I came up with:



I made a necklace to go with.

Lucky me had matching shoes in my closet!

The dress is actually made out of outdoor decorator fabric, which I personally am loving for my projects this year because it provides weight and body that would require more inner structures if I used a lighter fabric.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment