Monday, October 13, 2014

One of My Fashion Icons/Major Jacket Envy

I was trying to come up with a list of who I believe are current style icons, and who I am currently most influenced by.  In past years, my list has included Angelina Jolie, Heidi Klum, etc.  The short list that I came up with for right now is: Kate Middleton, Blake Lively, and Victoria Beckham.  There are of course others that I love (Emma Watson and Kerry Washington (Olivia Pope) for example), but those are the 3 that I am most drawn to currently and the ones I see most in the media right now as well.

With the weather dipping as low as the 40's here right now, my thoughts have been turning to one of my very favorite wardrobe staples, jackets.  I don't know what it is about them but I love coats and jackets.  I have a closet in my house dedicated to just those.  I love a classic trench, a perfect peacoat, even athletic jackets, I love them all.  Don't believe me?  Check out my board.  So what does this have to do with my style icons mentioned above???

Kate Middleton has a wonderful collection of jackets!  I found in my creation of my Pinterest board dedicated to her and her classic style, that she has an incredibly enviable collection of coats and jackets.  What does one have to do to be the heir to a Duchess's wardrobe, specifically her outerwear???  If anyone knows, send me the application ;)

Here are a few of my favorites I've seen her in:

Apr10th ~ Earlier in the Day ~ Duke and Duchess of Cambridge tour warplane cockpits: 'There's no dignified way to do this!' - Telegraph

The pleated skirt on this is so feminine and beautiful.  Plus the color is great.  It's much more warm and young than the normal greys/blacks/and tans that we usually see (and still love - don't get me wrong).
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, in Alexander McQueen

Then there is this white beauty!  Again, very young, and playful, but still very much a classic.  I love the full skirt, and the double breasted bodice.  And the matching hat is totally icing on the cake.  And it's timeless... Can't you imagine Jackie-O in this?  I totally can.

Duchess of cambridge in gina foster millinery Christmas Day 2013

And finally plaid!  I love a good plaid.  Also, again with the matching hat!  I love it all.

I am sure that when you are a Duchess, you get stylist to go along with the roll you play and whoever is helping to dress the Duchess of Cambridge is doing a fantastic job.  She looks polished at every event and outing that she attends.  She has developed a signature style and is always classy.  Her wardrobe is enviable and so is the job of whoever styles or shops for her (again, can I get another application for that???)

I could post so many more pictures of her lovely frocks, specifically in the cold weather, outerwear department but I won't make you scroll for 6 pages to do that.

But speaking of Kate Middleton and paper dolls (one of last weeks posts), there are of course paper dolls of this modern royal (as well as many historical ones as well).  That may be the best way to get her wardrobe in your home.... I may have some shopping to do: on Amazon.

If I could only own one jacket right now.... let's rephrase this into a more pleasant scenario.... If I could only buy one jacket this year.... much better... I think it would have to be this one below:


I have no idea the brand of jacket or where to find it.  I originally found it on my IBFF where it was pinned on another bloggers site: April W.  I think this jacket is stunning!  I love the structure at the shoulders.  I love the pleats.  I love the buckles on the wrist.  And of course I love the bow on the back.  I feel like this jacket would be a catch all.  You could wear it with jeans and a tee up all the way up to a gown for an event.  It is beautiful and versatile.  Since I don't know who created this or where to get it, in my future free time I may have to recreate this.  I would probably change the color.  Not sure to what.  Perhaps a charcoal or a nice tweed, but all of that will be decided at a later date.  I am definitely going to keep my eyes open for the perfect fabric for this.

If anyone knows more details on this particular coat, please share the info!  I would love to know where it comes from.

Sorry this post seems to be all over the place.  I apparently and suffering from some form of ADD today and can't stay on one subject.  I tried to tie everything together but it is a bit random.

No comments:

Post a Comment