Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Find It Cheaper Wednesday: 1st Edition: A More Affordable Alternative to Burberry's Wrap Front Silk Blend Dress

In my shopping lately, I've been finding some beautiful designer items that I know I can't afford so I thought maybe I should do a weekly blog post where I find more affordable solutions to current trends.  I know that several magazines do this already, as do many blogs, etc., so this is nothing new in the fashion world.  However, it has always bothered me that a lot of these places will take items that cost thousands of dollars and replace them with items that are still several hundred dollars.  Yes the more affordable items are significantly cheaper, but I don't feel like they are realistically affordable to the real, average woman.  Or at least they aren't to me and I don't think they are to many self proclaimed fashionistas my age.

So for today I have Burberry:
Mink grey Wrap-Front Silk Blend Dress - Image 1

This safari style, wrap front, silk blend dress is $795.  Not a ridiculous price in terms of designer wear but still steep for the average Jane.  Dress can be found here.

The alternative I've found:


This belted trench dress from Banana Republic made of modal, rayon blend.  This one comes in at $140 which still could be considered high but Banana Republic has a sale going from now until the 8th that dresses, shorts, and polos are 40% off so that would bring this down to $84.  That's a pretty good deal, especially when compared to the Burberry dress above.  Total savings would be $711 or nearly 90% off and the dress is a pretty good alternative in design, textile, and quality... At least in my opinion.  Dress can be found here.

I just have one for today but more to follow soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment