Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Italian Style at Portland Art Museum

As I mentioned on the blog yesterday, I spent the weekend in Portland visiting a very old dear friend of mine.  While I was there, we went and saw the Portland Art Museum Italian Style: Fashion Since 1945 Exhibit.  This exhibit was amazing!




This coat was amazing!  I would kill for it! The pattern is incredibly intricate and woven together.  The picture on the right shows how they mapped out the design.  WOW!  Just WOW!  It is so amazing!


This gown is spectacular!  It's hard to tell from the picture but all the silver are beads and sequins that (I am sure) were applied by hand.  Exquisite!


I love this whole look!  I would wear this all the time.


I loved this dress.  It reminds me of lilacs, which are one of my favorite flowers.


Very sexy!




I love the details on this skirt.  It is gorgeous!



I LOVE this coat.  I want to live in it.


This dress is leather.  It is awesome!  I kind of want one but don't know where I would have any occasion to wear it.


Who wouldn't want to rock these shoes?

I believe the exhibit is in the last week now, so if you are in the Portland area, you should definitely go check it out.  It was worth the adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment